At Connect Church, We Believe . . .
Statement of Faith
• We Believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
• We Believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• We Believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, the miracles He performed, His atoning death on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His bodily ascension to the right hand of the Father in heaven, and His personal return in power and glory at His second coming.
• We Believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for the salvation of lost and sinful mankind. The sinner is brought to an awareness of the need for salvation through the convicting work of the Holy Spirit. Salvation cannot be gained by human effort, but only through God’s grace in the redemption He provided in Jesus Christ.
• We Believe that repentant believers in Christ should be baptized in water by immersion, in obedience to Christ.
• We Believe that through sanctification by the blood of Christ and the Word of God, one is made holy.
• We Believe that the present, active ministry of the Holy Spirit guides the Church and by whose indwelling and empowerment, we are able to live godly lives and render effective service to God and others.
• We Believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.